Let’s be honest. The main reason you gamble probably isn’t to do a whole load of good in the world. But with PA iLottery charity donations, you can legitimately feel a little bit smug about your gaming.
Every time you play one of the games on this Keystone State’s online gambling site, a percentage of your cash goes towards one of the PA iLottery charity causes.
We’re going to give you a quick run down of where they donate so you can see how your money is being spent. So not only is playing here fun for you, it’s good for the communities you care about too.
What causes does the PA iLottery charity donations support?
There are tonnes of different ways and areas the PA iLottery charity donations benefit the people living in Pennsylvania.
Senior citizen assistance
Covering all 67 Pennsylvania counties, the PA Lottery in 2017-18 donated over $366,000,000 to agencies supporting senior citizens in the state.
Roughly 29,300 meals are delivered to Pennsylvanians in need every day at their homes or in senior centres. As well as that, these funds support health insurance advice, legal advice, transportation and senior centres.
Lower cost medication
Supporting low-cost prescription services to over 65s in the state, PA Lottery has donated over $152,000,000 in the 2017-18 period. The PACE and PACENET programs help to fill over 17,200 prescriptions daily.
Cutting down on transportation costs
Thanks to contributions made by places such as the PA iLottery, all over 65 years olds can access public transport for free.
During 2017-18, the Lottery’s funds provided the funding for over 33,500,000 public transport journeys.
Care facility for senior citizens
Older residents in the state benefit from both long-term home services and community care facilities. In total during 2017-18, the PA Lottery gave $250,000,000 for these services.
$975 rebates to vulnerable citizens
Supporting an essential property tax and rent rebate service, PA Lottery has helped eligible people within the state get annual rebates of $975.
People who qualify include the most in-need in the community, such as those aged 65 years and above, widows and widowers of 50 and above, people with special needs of 18 years and older.
How much does Pennsylvania Lottery donate to charities in my area?
Throughout their existence, the PA iLottery charity department has donated millions upon millions to charitable causes all over the state. See exactly how much your area has benefited so far:
- Adams has received $6,250,534
- Allegheny has received $115,928,734
- Armstrong has received $6,863,826
- Beaver has received $15,199,883
- Bedford has received $5,734,372
- Berks has received $30,232,721
- Blair has received $12,931,097
- Bradford has received $6,416,221
- Bucks has received $33,668,216
- Butler has received $11,034,522
- Cambria has received $16,782,429
- Cameron has received $736,502
- Carbon has received $6,145,672
- Centre has received $7,181,912
- Chester has received $19,302,103
- Clarion has received $4,295,658
- Clearfield has received $9,005,003
- Clinton has received $3,974,060
- Columbia has received $7,116,527
- Crawford has received $9,384,980
- Cumberland has received $13,230,720
- Dauphin has received $20,185,446
- Delaware has received $43,498,034
- Elk has received $3,304,914
- Erie has received $24,715,737
- Fayette has received $15,202,204
- Forest has received $1,145,200
- Franklin has received $9,459,946
- Fulton has received $1,785,318
- Greene has received $3,309,602
- Huntingdon has received $4,996,996
- Indiana has received $7,228,124
- Jefferson has received $5,499,240
- Juniata has received $2,583,564
- Lackawanna has received $26,530,013
- Lancaster has received $31,533,818
- Lawrence has received $9,617,283
- Lebanon has received $10,493,796
- Lehigh has received $24,687,871
- Luzerne has received $32,992,086
- Lycoming has received $11,631,685
- McKean has received $4,591,560
- Mercer has received $11,617,708
- Mifflin has received $5,807,519
- Monroe has received $9,088,569
- Montgomery has received $47,271,033
- Montour has received $1,983,861
- Northampton has received $21,769,489
- Northumberland has received $12,172,728
- Perry has received $3,665,634
- Philadelphia has received $267,921,654
- Potter has received $2,230,761
- Schuylkill has received $17,811,643
- Snyder has received $3,618,512
- Somerset has received $9,993,197
- Sullivan has received $1,115,150
- Susquehanna has received $4,228,412
- Tioga has received $4,546,519
- Union has received $3,724,889
- Venango has received $5,828,859
- Washington has received $17,554,400
- Warren has received $4,306,614
- Wayne has received $5,970,343
- Westmoreland has received $30,830,814
- Wyoming has received $2,407,428
- York has received $26,816,045
Fancy getting a fuzzy feeling of doing a little bit for charity while playing some great online games? Then sign up to PA iLottery today and you’ll get $5 free play and a 100% deposit bonus. It’s a win, win.
Pennsylvania iLottery players must be physically within the borders of Pennsylvania to play on the site. They also must be at least 18 years of age to sign up and play. Other terms and conditions may apply.